Batman-adv 2017.0.1 released
Mar 7th, 2017. Today the B.A.T.M.A.N. team publishes a bugfix release for the 2017.0 version of batman-adv! An API breaking change was integrated quite late in the Linux 4.11 merge window. This change broke the compilation of BATMAN_V against this version and required a change in the compatibility code of batman-adv. Additionally, a minor fix for the initialization of the gateway selection class was integrated which solves a problem when BATMAN_V is compiled in but BATMAN_IV is enabled. Also the change to generate equally sized fragments was backported from master to avoid a fragment padding problem identified by Martin Weinelt and Matthias Schiffer.
As the kernel module always depends on the Linux kernel it is compiled against, it does not make sense to provide binaries on our website. As usual, you will find the signed tarballs in our download section:
as well as prepackaged binaries in your distribution.
Thanks to all people sending in patches:
and to all those that supported us with good advice or rigorous testing:
- David S. Miller <email@example.com>
- Linus Lüssing <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Martin Weinelt <email@example.com>
- support latest kernels (3.2 - 4.11)
- bugs squashed:
- avoid API incompatibilities with new EWMA implementation
- generate equally size fragments to reduce chance of padding or MTU problems
- fix initialization of gateway sel class when BATMAN_V is compiled in
The B.A.T.M.A.N. team