Batman-adv boot logo¶
If you are a very batman-advanced addicted and enthusiastic fan, you will surely want to give the B.A.T.M.A.N.-Advanced boot logo a try! This little howto will drive you through the few necessary steps that will enable you to select a new custom logo from the kernel menuconfig.
This is what it looks like at the end:
Do you like it? Yeah! So, these are the necessary steps (it works for linux-3.3.2, but should work for older versions as well):
1. download the logo (logo_batman_clut224.ppm) and put it into your drivers/video/logo subfolder in the kernel source directory
2. download the patch (batman_logo.patch) and put it into your kernel source directory
3. open a terminal, jump into your kernel source directory and type
patch -p1 < batman_logo.patch
4. now run the menuconfig by typing
5. Browse the menu: Device Drivers -> Graphics support -> Bootup Logo and choose the new B.A.T.M.A.N.-Advanced entry:
6. Exit the menu and recompile your kernel! Don't forget to reinstall it to the proper location!