Today, the B.A.T.M.A.N. team releases an update for the 2011.3.0 release which corrects small but crucial bugs introduced within the last release. This is a pure bug fix release without any new features or protocol modifications. Everyone is strongly encouraged to upgrade to this version. As the kernel module always depends on the Linux kernel it was compiled against, it does not make sense to provide binaries on our website. As usual, you will find the signed tarballs in our download section:
as well as prepackaged binaries in your distribution.
Thanks to all people sending in patches:
- Antonio Quartulli <email@example.com>
Special thanks go to:
- TY Wu for isolating / debugging the packet latency bug
- Junkeun Song for his help and ideas to find the translation table bugs
- Laurent Bouraoui for his help in debugging the translation table bugs and testing the related patches
- Marek Lindner for debugging support and suggestions
The high latency (4-5 times higher than usual) that could be observed when the gateway mode was activated because batman-adv broadcasted all packets instead of sending them via unicast, was fixed. The reported issues with non-mesh clients communicating with other clients have been addressed too: The translation tables were corrupted caused by uninitialized memory and invalid table sizes sent through client announcement mechanism.
batctl remains unchanged.
The B.A.T.M.A.N. team