B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced Documentation Overview¶
- B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced Documentation Overview
How to get a mesh network up and running, how to configure the many features of B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced, and how to shoot down your troubles.
- B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced overview - information about the Layer 2 version of B.A.T.M.A.N.
- Building B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced with OpenWRT - how to download and configure your OpenWRT build environment to compile batman-adv.
- B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced quick start guide - or: what the hell is bat0 for?
- Features of batctl - A quick introduction to batctl.
- batctl online man page - read the current batctl man page online
- Wireless Kernel Tweaking - introduction to batman-advanced by Marek and Simon [December 2007] (also available at c3tv)
- Frequently asked questions - A list of frequently asked questions and answers.
- Gateway support - How batman-adv can be used to choose the nearest internet gateway node.
- TranslationTable in a nutshell - The inner workings of the non-mesh client integration revealed.
- Bridge loop avoidance - Document explaining the bridge loop avoidance implemented in batman-adv.
- Multi-Link Optimizations - how to optimize traffic by using multiple links
- AP Isolation - How to prevent wifi-client to wifi-client communication.
- Distributed ARP Table - How batman-adv can speed up your mesh experience by caching ARP replies.
- Fragmentation - basic concept behind the layer2 fragmentation (GSoC final report)
- Multicast Optimizations - multicast optimizations overview
- Network Coding - Combine two packets into a single transmission to save air time.
- Alfred - Use alfred to send local information or visualize your mesh network
- Available Information - Read about the information exported by the module.
- Troubleshooting FAQ - What if my batman-adv setup does not behave as expected ?
Developer Information / Advanced Features¶
- Tweaking the B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced behaviour - get an overview about the various settings batman-adv offers
- B.A.T.M.A.N. user space events - batman-adv's uevent documentation
- Using the batman git repos - this page explains how the git repository is structured and how to use it
- Emulation HowTo - how to create an environment to emulate wireless setups using QEMU and VDE
- TVLV - details regarding the TVLV (type-version-length-value) API and defined TVLV containers
- B.A.T.M.A.N. Concept - get an overview about B.A.T.M.A.N.'s main concepts
- Routing scenarios - a collection of routing scenarios a routing protocol should be able to handle
- Multi-Link Optimizations - Use multiple links in batman-adv for fun and profit (technical documentation)
- Client announcement - how batman-adv handles non-mesh clients bridged into the mesh
- Client roaming - non-mesh clients moving from one mesh node to the next
- TT Flags - explanation for internal flags used by the translation table code
- Batman-adv packet types - backward compatibility for batman-adv
- Compat versions - packet versions / formats used by batman-adv
- ELP protocol - B.A.T.M.A.N. V ELP protocol specification
- Bridge-loop-avoidance-II - bridge loop avoidance to allow multiple gateways between LAN and mesh, redesigned
- Distributed ARP Table - technical details regarding the inner working of the DAT mechanism
- Fragmentation - technical details explaining the layer2 fragmentation
- Multicast optimizations - technical details concerning the multicast optimizations
- Network Coding - technical details regarding the network coding implementation
- Batman-adv multicast optimization - how batman-adv optimizes multicast traffic by Linus and Simon [March 2011]
- Bisect the batman-adv routing protocol - the bisect tool explained & demonstrated by Marek [March 2011]
- Project CATWOMAN - network coding with batman-adv - introduction into network coding with batman-adv by Martin and Jeppe [March 2011]
- Random Linear Coding - presentation on network coding by Martin [April 2013]
Who uses B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced?¶
- Find out who uses B.A.T.M.A.N. Advanced: http://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki/Experience