Find something to celebrate (something different from last year).
Would be good if we do¶
- Big Compat Dump, consisting in integration of:
- CRC32 in TT
- Improve packet format design to avoid __packed (?)
- bandwidth meter packet format integration (? not sure if this does really hurt since bw meter uses icmp)
- Catwoman (Throughput test)
- B.A.T.M.A.N. V (which includes bandwidth aware ELP and OGMv2)
- OGMv3 (no-tt OGM)
- Multicast (evolution) support inclusion
- Howto to optimise the Bandwidth based GW selection
- Multiple L3 border Gateways to the same network: how to choose the best one assuming each of them has a different (L3) cost to the destination
- Some notes were taken in the past about possible improvements to the GW feature. We may want to consider them:
- Multiple gw for multiple networks Tag the GW so that you can choose the best among a single class and keep a list of the best gws (one per class). Each class can connect the mesh to a different network, therefore we would want to communicate to several gw at the same time, not in mutual exclusion.
- mac80211 like DebugFS structure
- Fragmentation v2: advertise MTUs to avoid re-fragmentation?
- Catwoman II (aka Fox)
GSOC 2013 decide mentors availability think about possible projects
- Maint release cycle (i.e. Stable versions)
- Compat code maintenance (split kernel-module and out-of-the-kernel package development?)